Sunday, July 24, 2011

Companion piece...and a printable...

This is the re-do of the second chair of a set I bought for an embarrassingly low price. I redid the first chair here. Here's a "before..."



I used my trusty Annie Sloan Chalk Paint (Old White), paired that with a printable shared by a kind blogger (I'm SO sorry I didn't record who'd done it...if it was YOU, please let me know so I can give credit where it's due!). I did the inkjet transfer technique to get a faint image, then painted with black acrylic craft paint.

Then I chipped and distressed a little, waxed all over with Annie Sloan Clear Wax, used a tiny amount of Annie Sloan Dark Wax for a little vintage look, and applied three coats of Minwax Polycrylic to the seat and rungs where it'll get the most wear.

Love love LOVE this little bar chair!!

...a close-up...



I'm partying right here and with these fine bloggers.

I've also entered this project for the "House of Anne Chair Affair..." check out her generous giveaway! It's on till July 31st! Check her out and add her to your list on Facebook...under...of course...House of Anne! I buy all my chalk paint from Anne now...FAST shipping! WOOT! Great for those of us too impatient to wait. ;)

Finally, THANK YOU from the bottom of my Nova Scotian heart, for the compliment of visiting my blog. Wishing you a day filled with the closeness of people you love and the things you love to do!

PS THANK YOU so MUCH to young Jerri for featuring this piece over at

Photobucket

...and for the feature by Laurie and Rob at




...and to Maria for her feature, over at




...and for the feature at


Redoux


...aaand for the feature by Ms Denise over at




...aaaand for the feature by Ms Vanilla Bean too!



Oh my...life is just so very...GOOD!!

PS Have had many bloggers ask me where I found the definition, and I still have no idea, so I recreated it as a 300 dpi jpg, as closely as possible. It's easy to resize. Please help yourselves! If you use it, I'd love to see what you did!




39 comments:

  1. Great job on this chair! I wouldn't have thought of using text on it. I am a new follower from Nifty Thrifty Hop.

    Blessings...
    Saved By Love Creations

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Visiting from Flamingo Toes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love the graphic too. Thanks for linking it up at HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the way this one turned out! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I found this project at a blog party and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE this! It turned out really cute! I'm thinking i need to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice! I love the graphics! You did a wonderful job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this . . . especially the design on the seat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just posted the inkjet transfer technique but it could have been from someone else as well. I like that you darkened it for the "nest" image! http://mywonderfullymade.blogspot.com/2011/07/graphics-transfer-using-inkjet-printer.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty; I'd hate to sit in it, lol!

    Sue
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love it, thanks for sharing at VIF, xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the nest definition on this chair! Too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a really cute/good looking chair! Love it!

    Come link this up at my woot woot wednesdays!
    www.tootsiewootsieboutique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how it turned out. :) Following from I Heart Naptime link party. Would love to have you link this up to my {wow me} wednesday link party going on right now over on my blog {if you haven‘t already!}. Hope to see you there.

    Ginger
    gingersnapcrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks amazing! I love the "nest" saying. You did a great job with the paint as well! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the transformation magic, Deborah. Great idea to use the "Nest" print on the seat. That's the first time I've seen it on furniture.

    Thanks for linking to the party. Hope you'll join me each week.

    Blessings,
    Liz @ the Brambleberry Cottage
    http://thebrambleberrycottage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the makeover! So adorable!

    Thanks for your sweet comment on my IKEA desk makeover. I am your newest follower :)

    Mandy
    http://a37s42.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very nice sharing about how you have done the chair...looks very stylish yet antique and full of heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello from Ontario, Canada. Love your chair, quite the makeover!

    ReplyDelete
  21. that is adorable! i love the definition and i love the shape of the base of that stool- it looks so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this chair, it's so cute!! I just got an old chair as a gift to redo, so excited! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ha! I am jealous that you are already on the chalk paint bandwagon, I have been meaning to hop in but seems like there are too many other chores to do first. :) I am stuck with these slipcovers to finish, and I really don't enjoy sewing. SIGH

    this is really cute, how is the summer going with the kiddies? Are they watching that stupid Bey Blades show? Mine are obsessed.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a cute chair! I love this idea! Thanks for linking up for Friday Favorites. I'm featuring you this week. Come by and grab my featured button if you'd like one.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for visiting my blog Deborah, & giving me the opportunity to come & see all your gloriously altered furniture! I'm in awe!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  26. That is very creative and so cute! I would never have thought to put writing on a chair. Looks and sounds like you put a great deal of effort into it, Im debating furniture as Im not really one for sanding, or having a very long attention span.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love it, Deborah! That is a great image. If you ever find out who shared it, I'd love to find it for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  28. You did a wonderful job on this chair, love the text on it too. Thanks for adding your link to Beach Cottage Good Life Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  29. So sweet!! I LOVE that "NEST" design...if you figure out where you downloaded it from...I'd LOVE to have the link!

    Thanks so much for linking to "20 Below Thursday"!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congrats! Found your site on Inspire Me Fridays, love your blog. I'm a paper crafter, but have to follow you for inspiration, I would love to upcycle more. Hugs~Lori

    ReplyDelete
  31. Have you found out where you got the graphic from yet? I saw your chair and just love it and am in the middle of painting my chair right now. Thanx for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  32. SWEET!!! Luv the graphic - and your distressing job is beautiful! Don'tcha just adore Annie's paint...??? :)

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete
  33. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love your chair makeover! Thanks for the "nest" download. I have not tried chalk paint yet. So you can polyurethane over a waxed finish? I would have thought it wouldn't stick.

    ReplyDelete
  35. The cost of the services offered by the person involved should be economical. Top Rated Range Hood Repair in Riverside

    ReplyDelete